Thursday, February 11, 2010

Swimming on the Bathsheba Coast

Hey, by the time this post is published the Good Hubby and I will be in Barbados on our fourth visit!

In a previous post I'd mentioned that the Bathsheba coast is unsuitable for swimming. That's not entirely true.

At low tide, the ocean recedes just enough to expose a number of shallow rock pools. Some of them are wide enough for floating in. That's me in the picture, demonstrating my buoyancy.

It's a wonderful feeling to lie in a rock pool while the Atlantic Ocean pounds away on reefs less than 20 metres away.

If you're going to try this, I recommend wearing shoes. I found my Crocs were just the thing for walking over rocks to get to the pool and for protecting my feet from the sea urchins that lurk about the bottom. Crocs also float, which makes lying in the water a little easier and more comfy.

No comments:

Post a Comment